Marketing your law firm can be tricky. Many people try to do it themselves, and fail because they rely too much on old-school solutions like television or radio, or they don’t know how to use modern solutions effectively. The truth, though, is that it is possible to market online with great success, if you know how. Two effective strategies that are being used today are PPC marketing and affiliate marketing
PPC Marketing for Law Firms
PPC, or pay-per-click, marketing, is a program where a firm consults a marketing company, which then places ads for the law firm in strategic locations. These locations can include prominent spots on Google searches, facebook news feed, etc. When a potential client sees this ad, they click. The law firm gets the traffic, and the marketing firm gets a small payment for the click.
While PPC marketing can be very effective for law firms, it does involve making sure the correct people are being targeted by the ads. If ads are being shown in the wrong location, or to people not interested in the service, then they are a waste of money.
Furthermore, it’s important that, once a potential client clicks on the ad, they are taken to a landing page that offers high-quality content that helps them make the decision to hire. Otherwise, the payment for the click is basically wasted.
Another effective type of advertising for law firms, and one closely related to PPC marketing, is affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing takes place when one party agrees to advertise for another party (a law firm) on their website. Should this advertisement lead to a click, the party gets a small commission. So, law firms might ask satisfied clients to advertise on their own websites. A personal injury lawyer might team up with a local mechanic, etc etc.
This type of advertising can be effective, but it does have some drawbacks. Here are some pros and cons of affiliate marketing:
1) It’s easy to start up, and requires almost nothing in the way of a marketing strategy or marketing skills.
2) It doesn’t cost anything to set up, so there’s very little risk involved.
3) There’s no limit to the amount of traffic this can bring in.
1) It’s not a guaranteed source of clients, because you are completely dependent on how much business the affiliates are able to do on their own.
2) On the other hand, high traffic can mean a lot of money going out to pay your affiliates. And if these clicks aren’t leading to new clients hiring your services, then you could potentially lose a lot of money.
Still, even with these drawbacks, affiliate marketing is a relatively low-risk strategy that has been shown to be very effective. If you are interested in marketing your law firm and want to know more, hiring an experienced law firm marketer can help bring traffic and potential clients to your site in the long run. If you would like to know more, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!